As the name implies, this course is an evidence-based, highly referenced concussion training program for physicians and other healthcare providers that could be considered specialists (Neurologists, Neuro-optometrists, Neuropsychologists, Functional Medicine etc.) and/or adjunct care providers other than PT, Chiro, AT, OT, & SLP. Upon completion of this course, you will have the opportunity to be listed on CompleteConcussions.com as a provider and linked in with our network of 500+ clinics to send and receive referrals.
In this course you will learn the following key areas of current evidence-based principles for managing any concussion case, regardless of mechanism:
- Latest International Consensus Guidelines
- Current epidemiology and trends
- Pathophysiology of concussion and mild traumatic brain injury
- Impact on the Autonomic Nervous System and cerebral blood flow regulation
- Evidence-based pre-season and post-injury testing protocols (physical & neurocognitive)
- Assessment and Diagnosis of Acute Concussion including ruling out red-flags, imaging requirements, oculomotor and vestibular screening, etc.
- Return to School, Work, Sports, Physical Activity, Driving, etc.
- Drivers of Persistent Concussion Symptoms and evidence-based interventions
- The latest evidence with respect to CTE and possible mitigation strategies
View the full course outline here