This 19 hour, 14 module course is an evidence-based, highly referenced concussion training program for cognitive rehabilitation professionals (OT, SLP, etc.). Upon completion of this course, you will have the opportunity to be listed on CompleteConcussions.com as a provider and linked in with our network of 500+ clinics to send and receive referrals.
In this course you will learn the following key areas of current evidence-based principles for managing any concussion case, regardless of mechanism:
- Latest International Consensus Guidelines (Amsterdam)
- Current epidemiology and trends
- Pathophysiology of concussion and mild traumatic brain injury
- Impact on the Autonomic Nervous System and cerebral blood flow regulation
- Evidence-based pre-season and post-injury testing protocols (physical & neurocognitive)
- Assessment and Diagnosis of Acute Concussion including ruling out red-flags, imaging requirements, oculomotor and vestibular screening, etc.
- Drivers of Persistent Concussion Symptoms and evidence-based interventions
- The latest evidence with respect to CTE and possible mitigation strategies
- Management of Energy & Fatigue
- Cognitive rehab strategies & returning patients to school and work successfully
- Physical symptom management
- Return to Driving and much more!